Full time / Belfast
Curing the most prominent disease begins with research
We build software used by the world’s most innovative drug development teams in fighting conditions such as Alzheimer’s and cancer.
If you’re clever, driven and ambitious, we want you to join us.
A bit about us
Overwatch Research helps scientific researchers to design, track and collaborate on their studies.
Our aim is to free up their vital time so they can focus on creative problem solving instead of repetitive (and error-prone) activities currently plaguing the industry.
We’re small but exciting company in Belfast and our product is being used by some of the largest pharmaceutical companies on the planet – that’s why we’ve been named Startup of the Year by the Digital DNA Awards.
If you’re reading this, congratulations: you’re halfway there.
If you haven’t guessed already, we’re looking for a senior back-end engineer.
You’ll be given more autonomy than you might be used to and that’s because our customers demand revolutionary ways of tackling old problems – you’ll often be asked to plot your own direction and see it through to completion.
A big part of this is passion. Passion to learn, adapt and an inquisitive nature about an industry you likely have no clue about (but we promise you it’s fascinating).
You’ll need great engineering skills and the confidence to back them up in a standup, customer call and everything in between.
Collaborating with a range of stakeholders from product owners to other developers and designers will be an everyday thing so good communication skills are vital.
It’s not a stretch to say most life science software has been left in the early 00’s. We’re going to change that. This is your opportunity to be part of a cloud-based SAAS product set to revolutionise drug discovery and improve the lives of patients worldwide.
- 3+ years of experience (post-graduate) working with Laravel
- Ability to work with Object Orientated PHP
- Development, maintenance and documentation of APIs
- Strong operating knowledge of with SQL based databases
- BS/MS in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- Familiarity with AWS services.
- Designing efficient SQL queries and schemas.
- Experience writing data driven tests, mocking, and unit tests
- Familiar with agile methodologies
- Experience cloning, branching, committing, and submitting pull requests with Git
- Dedication, passion, and an eagerness to learn and improve
- Strong communication skills, knowledge sharing